Tuesday, July 2, 2013

SIX FANTASTIC FOURTH CUPCAKES (easy designs that take minutes!)

Let's talk straight for a sec:
I love baking from scratch and all, but sometimes it's a pain in the ass. When you just want something last second it can be a bummer when you don't have all the ingredients at hand. So, at times like this, I bake from a box. AH! GASP! BLASPHEMY! The girl that bakes uses box mixes sometimes?!? 

I know, your vision of my is shattered. Sorry. To help you cope, go eat a box of cupcakes. 

These are 6 super fast, fun 4th of July cupcake decorating ideas. All you need is a box of cupcake mix, some frosting, and the topping of your choice. Have fun!

Don't they look great together? Some fun, some whimsical, some classy. Make a bunch of each to please any crowd!

 Cupcake #1: Swirly Cupcake
This one is super easy, take some white frosting and dye some blue and some red. Swirl plain white along with the two colored frostings and BAM. Pretty swirls.

Cupcake #2: Washi Flag Cupcakes
All you need for this one is a few toothpicks and some washi tape. Just fold over, cut into triangles and you're good to go!

Cupcake #3 The Easiest Candy Cupcake
There are plenty of red & blue candies out there to fulfill this cupcake task. My current favorite is the 4th of July Twizzlers that you can buy at Walgreens. Lemonade/BlueRaspberry flavored. Nom.

Cupcake #4: Layered Swirl Cupcake
This one is the only cupcake that requires a little effort. Open a ziplock and hold it up by one corner. Drip red food coloring down one edge of the bag, and blue down the other- so they come together to a point. Cut the tip off the bag to let excess run out, and then load with white frosting. Squeeze to create ad swirled look!

Cupcake #5: Fruity 4th Cupcake
Just slice up some strawberries (or raspberries or cherries) and add some blueberries. Done!

Cupcake #6: Sprinkle Cupcake
If you don't have blue and red sprinkles, either use M&Ms or color white sugar with food coloring! 

Perfect!

Which one of these decorations would you try?
Let me know!

xo, lp



Looking for more 4th of July fun? Try my Patriotic Frozen Punch or 4 Washi Tape decorations for the 4th.

20 comments:

  1. Yum!! Def going to try the layered swirl one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your admission of using a boxed mix literally made my day! I hardly ever use them but know you do too sometimes makes me feel a little bit better about it. And the cupcakes turned out so pretty (and I'm sure delicious) that you'd never even know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bahahaha!!! well glad it made your day! while i love making things from scratch, sometimes I just don't feel like it- boxed mixes are great for those occasions!

      Delete
  3. So good to find somebody with some original thoughts on this topic. Seriously.. many thanks for starting this up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, check out how to find airpod case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, after reading this remarkable piece of writing i am as well happy to share my experience here with friends.

    ReplyDelete

  6. This is a very interesting article. Please, share more like this!

    ReplyDelete

  7. you have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset.

    ReplyDelete

  8. I like it best and I will check it again and save it. Please also visit the website of my remarks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked it. I wanted to leave a note. I was reading your website. I also tried to share the site.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the best way to share the great article with everyone one, so that everyone can able to utilize this information.

    ReplyDelete

  11. It’s actually great and useful information. Thank you for sharing this useful information with us.

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...