Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pin Jang.

   *Warning: This post is unnecessarily dramatic and contains fruit bowls.*

      You remember that whole Missoni craze that happened a few months ago at Target? Everyone went bonkers trying to grab the last chevron headband like it was the last drop of water on earth. I was one of the people who didn't get what the big dang deal was- and sat back while the women of the world swarmed the floors of Target. 
     
     I just didn't get why one product could be great enough to make or break the feng shui of your living/dining/bedroom. Well, karma has come back to haunt me in the form of Pin Jang. Target has a new  line of kitchenware- from Pin Jang in Taiwan. To be honest I have no idea whether Pin Jang is the name of the person or the company- but frankly I don't care. I love it all, and I want it all. Yup, I've be come a crazy Missoni-like obsessed person. The line includes canisters, fruit bowls, bread boxes & bowls in white, black, red and turquoise.

A few Pin Jang items
     The first time I saw the collection Michael and I were out shopping with some gift cards we had received from his family for Christmas. I literally ran (galloped?) over to the shelf and whipped out my phone to take a picture to send to Michael's sister, knowing she'd love it all too. 
   SIDENOTE: Do y'all know the look you get when you are excitedly taking pictures of canisters and fruit bowls? It's the: "grab your children and walk away quickly because that lady is off her rocker" look. Yup. I'm completely fine with it. 

     Where were we?

           Oh, right, taking pictures.

       So I snapped the picture and sent it to her- getting the excited response I had hoped for a few minutes later. I hemmed and hawed about whether to get them- Michael even told me that canisters had been on my (superlame) Christmas list, and I should get them. I decided they weren't a necessity and walked out the store without the bowl and 3 different sized white canisters I'd been eyeing.

     Of course, in true Laura fashion I changed my mind and went back to Target a few days later to purchase them- only to find the smallest size canister in the set was sold out. Damn. I went online to find it: sold out. Double Damn. We stopped at another Target later in the week to get them: sold out. #$%!@. Sigh. I guess this means I actually need to listen to the boy when he tells me to buy things. I hung my head and decided that I at least couldn't leave the store without the hexagonal metal fruit bowl.  Here she is:





Lovely, no?

So what do you think? Am I officially crazy for being sad about missing out on a $10 canister? Mom, I know you're saying "yes" right now...

If you find the small white canister in your area, send it on over to VA, we're all out here.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot! Brooks and I just signed a lease on a new place and thanks to you I went to Target's website to check this stuff out. I am now filled with need for the turquoise set and I know Brooks won't let me buy them. Damn. It's a sin to covert another woman's canister set, but here I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, you have to get them! Love the turquoise ones so much!

      Delete
  2. It's taken me years to learn to listen to that little voice when it screams in my ears! I can remember occasions where I, too, overlooked that voice and still regret it! Those are so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura: I will run out to our Target right after work and check to see if we have any left-I think that would make a perfect start to a birthday package for someone special!!!

    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too great! I would imagine those canisters would be pretty great for whoever that someone special is.. ;)

      Delete
  4. Um... No you are not crazy! and I want that fruit basket! I have tried to stay out of Target and off the site but I might have to sneak this in my cart! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go get it!! They have it in a few other colors too!

      Delete
  5. This is my first post on Beauty and the Beard and I couldn't be more excited!! With this post, I offer some tips of advise:
    1. If you ever need my (cough, Neil's) Target discount, let me know. I'll hand it over! But don't tell him that...
    2. Neil has access to the "inside" of Target. AKA: If you ever want to know if something is in stock or going to go on sale anytime soon, just let me know. I'll hook you up with this top-secret info!
    3. I guess this basically means you should be friends with Neil instead of me...(Sad face). :'-( At least I tried to make it work!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I guess I should be friends with Neil for all his Target hookups! Don't worry, I'll still keep your darling self around too I suppose...
      xoxo!

      Delete
  6. I was just in Target last night and may have similarly pointed/galloped towards the bread boxes...I think bread boxes are pretty useless but they are so cuuuuuuuute.

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...