Thursday, December 15, 2011

Light it up

Project of the day:



I'm having a holiday party for the ladies I work with this Sunday and I wanted to have some tea lights up on the window ledges to add a cozy feel to the big apartment. I found the perfect pin for making some cheap tea light holders:
I grabbed four little glasses for 50 cents at a local thrift store :
 With a few cutouts of painters tape I came up with a few basic designs:



 I painted a simple layer of white acrylic paint over all the designs and let them dry for a few hours:

 (oh, and all the candy is leftover gingerbread house candy..)

I removed the tape and was left with these:
 And at night, all lit up:
 They're perfect on the ledge with the other winter decorations!

I can't wait to have these out for the party this weekend.. or every night for that matter- it makes the whole wall glow!

2 comments:

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...